Hurricane Ian is now downgraded to a Tropical Storm as of Thursday but still churning its way through Central Florida as it moves into the Atlantic. The impacts of the storm are historic in terms of damage, flooding, and storm surge.
Several organizations are on the ground already assisting those affected by the storm. If you'd like to help, here are some organizations already accepting donations for victims of Hurricane Ian:
- Florida Disaster Relief - Official disaster relief coordinates with governmental and non-governmental organizations in the state
- American Red Cross - Accepting donations to provide shelter, supplies, and other relief
- Feeding Florida - An organization coordinating with national food banks across the state to provide relief
- Farm Share - A Florida nonprofit distributing leftover farm fruits and vegetables to Floridians in need
- CORE - Global disaster relief organization that began by helping victims of the 2010 earthquake in Haiti