30A Trivia & Local Info
- Scenic 30A’s white sandy beaches come from quartz originating in the Appalachian Mountains centuries ago & washed south by streams and rivers.
- The Beaches of South Walton is comprised of over 15,000 acres of forest & preservation areas with 19+ miles of biking/hiking trails.
- 40%+ of the land in South Walton is owned by the state of Florida through State Forest Land and Award Winning State Parks.
- 30A hosts a diverse ecological surroundings including high beach dunes, mesic flatwoods, scrub, depression marshes & rare coastal dune lakes.
- The Coastal Dune Lakes found along 30A are highly unique & found in only 4 places world-wide!
- Scenic 30A is known for having the highest concentration of coastal dune lakes in any one place in the world.
- Building heights along 30A are restricted to 50’ or 4 stories. The 2 high rise condos in Seagrove Beach were built prior to the ordinance passage.
- Grayton Beach subdivided with streets & lots in 1890’s and is the oldest beach town on 30A.
- There are 15 Beach communities along 30A; each with its own unique “flavor” & architectural style.
- 30A is home to 4 Florida State Parks & all have been awarded the National Recreation & Parks Association’s Gold Medal Award.
- TopSail Hill State Park has the distinction of having the most pristine piece of coastal property in the whole state of Florida.
- 30A has a vibrant and active year-round art community with a wide array of engaging art festivals, performing arts , art galleries and studios.
- The Beaches of South Walton boasts some of the highest dune elevations found in the whole state of Florida. [30’+ in some areas]
- Seaside Florida was the film location for Jim Carrey's 1998 movie "The Truman Show".
- The Seaside Neighborhood Middle School, established in 1996, is one of Florida's first charter schools.
Florida State Parks & Beaches of South Walton
What do miles of beautiful coastline, pristine beaches, acres of woodlands, open space and preserve areas all have in common? You’ll find all of this and more at any one of the five award winning Florida State Parks found within the Beaches of South Walton and along Scenic 30A. Each state park has a unique flavor and focus that highlights the finest of the natural beauty of the area.
Camp Helen State Park - Inlet Beach Florida
Deer Lake State Park - Watersound, Florida
Eden State Gardens - Pt. Washington, Florida
Grayton Beach State Park - Grayton Beach, Florida
Topsail Hill Preserve State Park - Santa Rosa Beach Florida
30A Events - Festivals - Concerts
There’s almost always something fun or entertaining going on around 30A. Want to stay connected to what’s going on in Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach, Seaside, Grayton, WaterColor and all the 30A beach communities? Check out and follow these great local sites:
30A.com - Visit Web Site Walton Outdoors - Visit Web Site
Sowal.com - Visit Web site Visit South Walton - Visit Web Site
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to learn about 30A real estate or any of the communities along the Gulf Coast in South Walton County. The Team at Davis Properties of Northwest Florida Inc. is dedicated to promoting the beachfront paradise that they love!