Are dogs allowed on the beach in South Walton?Posted by Jamie Conley on
The short answer is; “Yes”! but there's a little more to it than that. Walton County has a specific ordinance and rules about dogs on the beach including permit requirements. We’ve put together a quick recap of the rules along with the links you'll need to obtain a beach tag to help make the process smooth & seamless!
- Dogs must have county issued beach dog tag to be allowed onto Walton County beaches.
- Only Walton County property owners and residents may apply for a beach dog tag.
- Owners must provide proof of current rabies vaccination.
- Fees for the beach dog tag is $40.00 per year per animal. (ALL permits expire every August 1st)
- Beach dog tags are non-transferable nor can they be shared with others.
- Dogs are allowed on the beach…
2227 Views, 0 Comments