3 simple strategies to capture buyers’ attention and stand out from the competition.
Currently there are nearly 600 homes on the market along the scenic 30A coastline. With so many South Walton homes available right now, it’s more important than ever, to make your home stand out from the competition. While there are always things you have no control over, here are three smart, simple strategies you can do ahead of time. Armed with a little planning and preparation you’ll be ready to “put your best foot forward” and grab the attention of prospective buyers and change your “ FOR SALE” in to ”SOLD”!
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!
Take a step back and really look at your home through the eyes of a buyer, then be ready to get to work. The 30A home market caters to many buyers from outside our area, so agents often preview properties in advance of their clients’ arrival to save time. Make sure your property is at its best from day one.
1. CLEAN OUT - CLEAN UP - DECLUTTER:
- Be bold when it comes to pairing down and de-cluttering your home. If you’re not ready to give it away---pack it away. Box up “knick-knacks”, personal photos and seldom used items, and stack neatly in a garage or store off-site.
- Clean out things you no longer need or use, then have a yard sale or donate good condition items to a local charities’ thrift store.
- Less is always more when it comes to kitchen and bathroom counter tops.
- Make the house “shine” with a thorough deep clean including windows, baseboards, floors and lighting fixtures.
- Don’t forget about the exterior! Freshen up with mulch or pine straw. Trim around walkways. Incorporate freshly planted, in-season flowers to add a welcoming splash of color.
Pre-Sale Home Inspection gives time to address items that could be sticking points with buyers.
2. PRE- SALE HOME INSPECTION: Is your home several years old? Then consider getting a home inspection done early. Professional inspectors typically charge according to square footage and when complete, provide a detailed report itemizing potential areas of concern.
Be proactive and get replacement estimates.
3. GET REPLACEMENT ESTIMATES: Think about your roof, major appliances, HVAC, flooring, windows, or other large ticket items that may need replacing in the near future. Even if you don’t plan on replacing or updating the items prior to sale, having this information can be valuable to have on-hand when it comes time for negotiations to begin.
Taking a little extra time to plan and prepare ahead of placing your property on the market can make all the difference in reaching the closing table on your timeline.
Davis Properties of Northwest Florida has been assisting sellers get their South Walton Beach homes sold since 1993! Our team is ready to assist with planning, preparation and marketing your home to highly qualified buyers who are looking for 30A properties. Contact us today!