The Beaches of South Walton have been experiencing a lot of growth and change over the last couple of years. How does that change look?
We’ve put together some stats that are pretty amazing.
South Walton County by the Numbers
More and more people are discovering the 30A area as both a vacation destination and as a highly desirable place to live, work, play, and raise their families. Ten to fifteen years ago, it wasn’t uncommon for businesses to close during the “off season” (traditionally Labor Day to March 1); but now, due to a full line-up of nearly year-round concerts, major events, art fairs and festivals, the “shoulder seasons” are becoming more and more narrow. (Go to Waltonoutdoors and 30A.com for info on upcoming local events.)
- The Walton County Tourist Development Council (aka Visit South Walton) posted a record number of 3 million visitors to our beautiful beaches in 2015.
- Visitors contributed $2.8 billion to the local economy in 2015.
- The Beaches of South Walton was the #1 coastal economy for the entire state of Florida during June/July last year.
- A record setting 890,000 travelers passed through Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport [ECP] in 2015, representing a 9% increase in passenger numbers over the previous year.
- The Destin/Ft. Walton Airport [VPS], located 40 minutes west of Scenic 30A, experienced growth as well by adding 2 new airlines, Allegiant and GLO Airlines to travel options in the last several months. According to their website, VPS serves over 800,000 yearly travelers.
- Business and commercial opportunities continue to grow in South Walton. The following are just a few examples of growth and change in the area but there are many others as well.
- Two new commercial retail centers opened in Inlet Beach during 2015: 30Avenue and Crossings at Inlet Beach, both with continued expansions currently underway.
- The Hub, an open air venue with restaurants and small shops located next to Watersound Beach, opened last year and is currently expanding.
- Inlet Beach will soon also be home to Rosemary Pointe, a new four story luxury resort with features including an events venue rooftop bar, fitness/yoga amenities, pool and tesla charging stations. Accommodation options are set to range from 1,200 to 2,000 square feet.
Impressive Growth in the 30A Homes Market
On the real estate front, we'll compare a full year of sales activity! 2015's average sales price for South Walton homes were up 6% and the number of properties sold increased by 18%, compared to the previous year’s activity. Now that the first quarter of 2016 is behind us, here’s a sampling of stats for single family homes for Scenic 30A:
- 189 Sales
- Median Sales Price: $732,000
- Average Days on Market: 167
- Average $ Square Foot: $397.95
- Highest Sales Price: $10,250,000
To wrap it all up, what do all these exciting stats REALLY mean; and as a property owner why should you care? Here’s our theory. Once visitors discover the area, they may initially be looking for a fun, family beach vacation destination; or a relaxing break from the daily grind! But, once they discover Scenic 30A, they fall in love with the area. They see the quality of life and the beauty of the area. They’re inspired to find ways to relocate to the beach, to work here or start new businesses here and to contribute to the 30A community. In short, we believe that the continued increase in visitor numbers to The Beaches of South Walton not only contributes to the local tourism economy; but it also impacts our broader economic growth and our 30A real estate values too.
Are you thinking of putting your South Walton County property on the market? We can provide a comprehensive, complimentary market study that’s customized for your property and neighborhood. Contact Davis Properties online today, or call 850-231-2025 to connect with an experienced 30A real estate professional!